Saturday, September 29, 2012

Seize The Day

I cannot remember a more beautiful summer and now we are enjoying a colorful fall with lots of sunshine.  I have maintained two bird feeding stations that have attracted a wide range of feathered strangers and I love to watch the curious mix of comedy and confusion as they feed. The rock formations, aspen groves, pockets of  trees and overgrown fields in Mountain Shadows provide camouflage for wildlife and it is always an unexpected pleasure to look up and see these majestic animals roaming our yard.  Yesterday I talked with friends (e-mail - phone) and was mindful of the problems some of my friends are dealing with, Lou Gehrig disease, injury from an accident, caring for parents fighting a battle with cancer, or their parent's aging issues.  It made me realize the importance of 'seize the moment' and appreciation for my beautiful, calm surroundings.
  Fall is short here in Colorado and I know the aspen will be bare and my flowers gone when we return from a two week road trip to southern Illinois.


No comments:

Post a Comment